Faux wood ceiling beams have become increasingly popular in recent years as a way to add character and warmth to any room. These decorative beams are designed to look like real wood, but are made from materials such as high-density polyurethane foam or medium-density fiberboard.
Create a Wood Beamed Look without the weight of real wood
One of the main advantages of faux wood ceiling beams is their affordability compared to real wood. Real wood beams can be quite expensive and require a lot of maintenance over time. Faux wood beams, on the other hand, are much more affordable and require little to no maintenance. They are also much lighter than real wood, making them easier to install.
Faux wood ceiling beams come in a variety of styles and finishes, so there is sure to be an option that fits your decor. Whether you prefer a rustic, distressed look or a sleek, modern finish, there are faux wood beams available to suit your taste. They can be used in a variety of settings, from living rooms and bedrooms to kitchens and outdoor spaces.
The style options that we have available are:
There are also Faux Beam Plates and straps that make for a very attractive and industrial finished look.
Benefits of Faux Wood Ceiling Beams
Faux wood ceiling beams are a popular choice for homeowners and interior designers alike. They offer a variety of benefits that make them a great option for any home renovation project. Here are some of the key benefits of faux wood ceiling beams:
- Affordability: Faux wood ceiling beams are a cost-effective alternative to real wood beams. They are made from high-density polyurethane foam, which is a lightweight and durable material that is easy to install. This makes them a great option for homeowners who want the look of real wood without the high cost.
- Easy to Install: Faux wood ceiling beams are easy to install and can be done in a matter of hours. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can choose the perfect beam for your space. They can be attached to the ceiling with screws or adhesive, depending on the type of beam you choose.
- Low Maintenance: Faux wood ceiling beams require very little maintenance. Unlike real wood beams, they do not need to be stained or sealed. They can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris that may accumulate over time.
- Customizable: Faux wood ceiling beams come in a variety of colors and finishes, so you can choose the perfect beam to match your decor. They can also be cut to size, so you can get the perfect fit for your space.
- Environmentally Friendly: Faux wood ceiling beams are an environmentally friendly option. They are made from recycled materials and are 100% recyclable, so you can feel good about your purchase.
Overall, faux wood ceiling beams are a great option for homeowners who want the look of real wood without the high cost and maintenance. They are easy to install, low maintenance, customizable, and environmentally friendly. Consider adding faux wood ceiling beams to your home renovation project for a beautiful and affordable upgrade.
Types of Faux Wood Ceiling Beams
Faux wood ceiling beams are an excellent way to add warmth and character to your home without the high cost and maintenance of real wood. There are several types of faux wood ceiling beams available in the market, each with its own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular types:
1. High-Density Polyurethane (HDU) Beams
HDU beams are made from a high-density polyurethane material that closely resembles real wood. They are lightweight, easy to install, and require minimal maintenance. HDU beams are also resistant to moisture, insects, and rot, making them an ideal choice for high-humidity areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
2. Medium-Density Fiberboard (MDF) Beams
MDF beams are made from a composite wood material that is denser and stronger than particleboard. They are a cost-effective alternative to real wood and can be painted or stained to match any decor. MDF beams are also resistant to warping and cracking, making them a durable option for high-traffic areas.
3. PVC Beams
PVC beams are made from a durable, lightweight plastic material that is resistant to moisture, insects, and rot. They are easy to install and can be painted or stained to match any decor. PVC beams are also low maintenance and can be cleaned with soap and water.
4. Polyurethane (PU) Beams
PU beams are made from a lightweight, flexible material that closely resembles real wood. They are easy to install and can be cut to fit any size or shape. PU beams are also resistant to moisture, insects, and rot, making them a great choice for outdoor applications.
Overall, faux wood ceiling beams are a great way to add style and character to your home without breaking the bank. With so many types to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect beams to match your decor and budget.
Wood Beams On Ceiling: A few Installed Photos
Vaulted Ceiling Beams
Installation Process of Faux Wood Ceiling Beams
Installing faux wood ceiling beams can be an easy and affordable way to add a touch of elegance to any room. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you through the installation process:
- Faux wood ceiling beams
- Nailing Cleats
- Measuring tape
- Wood glue
1. Measure the length of the ceiling where you want to install the beams. Cut the faux wood beams to the desired length using a saw.
2. Add Nailing cleats to the ceiling that have an outside measurement slightly less than the inside dimension of the beam to be installed.
2. Apply PL Premium adhesive to the nailing cleat and, using a couple helpers, place the beam on the ceiling, over the nailing cleat and fasten through the beam into the cleat with 15ga finish nails.
4. Repeat the process for each beam, making sure they are evenly spaced and level.
5. Once all the beams are installed, fill any gaps between the beams and the ceiling with wood filler. Sand the filler once it has dried.
6. Optional: Paint or stain the beams to match the rest of the room's decor.
Overall, installing faux wood ceiling beams can be a simple and affordable way to add a touch of sophistication to any room. By following these steps, you can easily install the beams yourself and transform your space.
Maintenance of Faux Wood Ceiling Beams
Faux wood ceiling beams are a great way to add a touch of elegance and rustic charm to your home. Not only are they easy to install, but they are also low maintenance. However, to keep them looking their best, it's important to perform regular maintenance. Here are a few tips on how to maintain faux wood ceiling beams:
- Dust regularly: Like any other surface in your home, faux wood ceiling beams can accumulate dust over time. To keep them looking their best, it's important to dust them regularly. You can use a soft-bristled brush or a microfiber cloth to gently remove the dust.
- Clean with mild soap and water: If your faux wood ceiling beams become dirty, you can clean them with mild soap and water. Be sure to use a soft cloth and avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the finish.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Faux wood ceiling beams can fade over time if they are exposed to direct sunlight. If possible, try to avoid installing them in areas where they will be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Inspect for damage: Occasionally, you should inspect your faux wood ceiling beams for damage. Look for any cracks or chips in the finish, as well as any signs of warping or bending. If you notice any damage, it's important to address it as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
By following these simple maintenance tips, you can keep your faux wood ceiling beams looking their best for years to come. With a little bit of effort, you can enjoy the beauty and charm of these rustic accents without having to worry about excessive maintenance.
Faux wood ceiling beams are a great way to add an elegant touch to any room. They are affordable, easy to install, and come in a variety of styles and finishes. Whether you're looking for a rustic or modern look, there is a faux wood beam that will fit your needs.
One of the biggest advantages of faux wood ceiling beams is their low maintenance. Unlike real wood, faux wood beams do not require sanding or staining. They are also resistant to moisture, which means they won't warp or rot over time. This makes them an ideal choice for high-humidity areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
In addition to their aesthetic appeal and low maintenance, faux wood ceiling beams are also eco-friendly. They are made from recycled materials and are 100% recyclable. This means that they have a much lower impact on the environment than real wood beams.
Overall, faux wood ceiling beams are a great investment for any homeowner looking to add value and style to their home. With their affordability, durability, and versatility, they are a smart choice for any room in your house.